A Church Administrator
(By sending your cover
letter and resume)
Application deadline March 13th, 2023.
Only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
As a member of the staff team of Moosomin Baptist Church, the Church Administrator will assist MBC in fulfilling the Great Commission by providing coordination and direction of administrative tasks. This is a 20-hour per week, part-time, temporary position (parental leave coverage). This job description will be altered (at MBC’s discretion) to fit with the strengths of the successful candidate.
General Characteristics and Expectations:
1) A clear commitment to MBC’s statement of faith and values
2) A dedication to service in a church office and the biblical values associated with that service
3) A general understanding of Christian principles and practices.
4) Demonstrated relevant experience
5) Relevant education and training as required to fulfill the duties of the position
6) A demonstrated ability to relate to all ages
7) Professional competence and a commitment to excellence
8) A willingness to work within guidelines, policies, procedures and the budget of the church
9) A commitment to character traits expected of church staff members, such as punctuality, humility, integrity, honesty, and purity
10) Character traits needed to work with the public, the staff, and the congregation, such as patience, kindness, and gentleness
11) A willingness to work closely with the Lead Pastor, church leaders, and volunteers to carry out the goals and vision of MBC
The Church Administrator facilitates the flow of information and communication between the public and the church staff and ministry leaders, keeps the daily functions of the church office running efficiently, and manages the resources needed for the ministries of the church to be effective.
• Microsoft Office including cloud-based applications
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to use and navigate online resources
• Working knowledge of social media
• Appropriate proficiency in writing and editing skills
• Working knowledge of office technology
• Answer phones
• Maintain Church files
• Update church calendar
• Maintain individual data of members, visitors, and prospects
• Welcome and assist all persons visiting the office
• Receive, store, and/or distribute mail and packages (may require lifting up to 25 lbs.)
• Facilitate communication between visitors, ministry leaders, and Pastors
• Perform other duties for the Pastors and/or church leadership as needed
• Maintain the church bulletin boards and digital announcements
• Prepare and mail items as needed
• Participate in the preparation of Sunday bulletins
• Prepare visual projection
• Prepare and mail letters as requested by pastoral staff and ministry leaders
• Keep Church database and contact lists updated
• Maintain church ministry structure within church database
• Update office resources and supplies as needed
• Maintain the church website
• Handle cash, donations, and registration fees as necessary ensuring adequate record keeping
• Facilitate maintenance of office equipment
• Prepare schedule lists for Deacons, Ushers, Welcome Teams, and other such organizational needs as they arise.
• Keep pastoral staff and ministry leaders informed and updated and assist in preparation of published materials as needed
• Prepare Certificates for Baptisms and Ordinations
• Maintain records of insurance, vehicle registration records, rental property communication and ensure appropriate parties are notified of required action.
• Prepare Church correspondence as requested
• Be proactive to help ministry and committee leaders promote, implement, and communicate
• Schedule and maintain use of facilities